Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 6 26.01.13

~ must remember this ~


6.00am (SM)

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY ALL!

Best way to start the weekend off is with a nice sweaty yoga class.

This morning another 10 people got out of their comfy warm beds and drove in the rain to come and give them selfs 90mins of meditation. There were no newbies so we got straight into a strong class. 

Im finding my shoulder blades are a bit sore so I think Im giving them a great workout - hopefully I have nice back muscles at the end of this. Which reminds me I need to take photos!

I havent done a 6am class in over a year but I do remember that it is always a tough one because your body is still waking up and you can be super hungry. 

Postures:
Standing Bow Pose - Dandayamana Dhannurasana - Today the teacher told us in the second set to take it slow and hold the posture and in the last 10 seconds to push it to the edge. I moved slowly into this posture while making sure my facial expressions were relaxed and in the last 20 seconds I started to  realign my shoulders in one line and relax to make my hips to parallel and as the last10 seconds came I was able to kick harder into my hand with my right foot right above my head. Sometimes I wish we could film ourselves to see what we look like going in and out of postures, it would help me alot...maybe a GoPro? haha!
Anyways, I will need to work on this pose with my left foot because I seem to be more tight in the hips of the left? 

Triangle - Trikanasana - WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME!! Inner Thigh strength I will get you ONE DAY!! 

I felt very heavy in class with my sit ups moving slowly which I can only guess is not a good thing. During the spine series I felt a panic attack for cool air coming on but I quickly concentrated on breath and I was ok and carried on but it was a scary feeling. I was 4th row back on the right which was a different change, there weren't any distractions in class so it was ok. 

Ive started taking Hydalight to keep my hydration up - seems to be working well - I havent had any head aches or anything. 

Tomorrow is a big Master Class with Dr A so I best be off to sleep.

Until tomorrow x 

ALix x 

No comments:

Post a Comment